The Competitions (as defined below) are promoted by Jet2holidays Limited (registered number: 04472486) whose registered office is at Low Fare Finder House, Leeds Bradford Airport, Yeadon, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS19 7TU ("Jet2holidays" or "we"). By entering a Competition, you are deemed to accept these terms:
- These terms are in addition to any conditions detailed in the marketing material about the Competitions which includes the Entry Pack (as defined below) and the competition website: ultimateschooltrip.jet2holidays.com (the “Competition Website”).
There will be nine separate Ultimate School Trip Competitions – one for each of the UK bases from which Jet2.com flies (each a “Competition” and together the “Competitions”). The nine UK bases are:
- Glasgow Airport;
- Edinburgh Airport;
- Newcastle Airport;
- Leeds Bradford Airport;
- Manchester Airport;
- East Midlands Airport;
- Birmingham Airport;
- London Stansted Airport; and
- Belfast Airport.
- The Competitions open on 15 November 2017 and close at 18:00pm on 28 February 2018.
- An entry pack for the Competitions is available, this can be downloaded from the Competition Website or requested by emailing: USTteam@Jet2.com and the entry pack contains further details and guidance of how to enter (the “Entry Pack”).
- All entrants to the Competitions must be teachers at a school or academy based in the UK. Employees and officers of Jet2holidays, Jet2.com Limited, Dart Group Plc, Fowler Welch Limited or any companies within the same group or any organisation professionally involved with the Competitions (or in each case, their close relatives) are not eligible to enter. No pupil or parent may enter any Competition directly.
- Each teacher may only submit entries on behalf of their own class (it may be one entry created by the whole class, or one entry created by each pupil within the class, but no more than one entry per pupil).
- Each class may only enter one of the nine Competitions and may only be shortlisted for one prize, even where there is more than one entry from that class.
- All of the pupils in the class must be aged between 9 and 13 years old at the date of departure.
- More than one class from within a school may enter the Competition. Where there is more than one class submitting an entry from the same school, each class must enter into the same Competition from the same Airport.
How to enter
- Jet2holidays will host the Competitions on the Competition Website.
- To enter one of the Competitions a class must design a promotional piece for Katmandu Park and the teacher must submit the entry to the dedicated email address or postal address provided on the Competition Website before the closing time and date detailed in paragraph 3 above. Further details and guidance on the entry and the format of the entry along with how to enter are provided in the Entry Pack.
- Upon entry, the teacher must select the closest UK airport to the school from which Jet2.com flies and the class will be entered into the Competition for that Airport.
- Jet2holidays shall not be responsible for and shall not have to accept entries which do not reach it before the closing date for any reason, or are not submitted due to a technical fault, are illegible, incomplete or any corrupted entries.
Choosing a Winner
- There will be five classes shortlisted from each of the 9 Competitions (a total of 45 shortlisted classes) which will be selected by an independent judge based on a subjective interpretation of the entries. The judge’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Each of the classes which have been shortlisted will be awarded £1,000 of vouchers to be spent on school equipment. Please note vouchers will be subject to any applicable terms and conditions of the provider.
- The entries of the shortlisted classes will be put to a public vote via social media between 5 March and 11 March 2018 (or such other dates as notified by Jet2holidays). The voting mechanism will be confirmed following the entry deadline.
- The identity of the judge may be requested by writing to Ultimate School Trip Competition C/O Social Media Team, Jet2.com, The Mint, Ingram Street, Leeds LS11 9AW.
- The winners of each Competition will be announced on Tuesday 13 March 2018.
There will be nine winning classes, one winning class from each Competition representing each UK airport from which Jet2.com flies. Each winning class will win:
- a 2 night holiday for up to 30 pupils between the ages of 9 years and 13 years on the date of departure and 5 adults who each must be over the age of 18 at the date of departure. The accommodation will be in a standard room (with 2-3 pupils per room) on an all-inclusive basis at the Sol Katmandu Park & Resort, Majorca;
- This prize includes return flights from the applicable UK base to Majorca (subject to 19(d) below) departing on 20 April 2018 and returning on 22 April 2018, AND 1 free item of checked baggage of up to 22kg per person;
- Access to Katmandu Park for free time on the Friday afternoon and for the educational workshops on the Saturday;
Coach transfers to and from the winning school to the Airport in the UK will be included as part of the prize. Coach transfers to and from the hotel in Majorca are also included. Please note:
- for the winning class for the Edinburgh Airport prize, the winners will be transferred via coach to Glasgow Airport with a return directly to Edinburgh on 22 April;
- for the winning class for the Belfast Airport prize, the winners will be flown to Manchester Airport, and the flight will be from Manchester Airport to Majorca, with a return directly to Belfast on 22 April;
- The flights from the UK bases to Majorca will be on 20 April 2018 and the return flight will be on 22 April 2018;
- Upon request, accommodation in the UK will be provided the night before the flight at a hotel near the departure airport (details to be confirmed); and
- Snacks and meals will also be provided on the journeys.
- Unless otherwise stated above or in the Entry Pack, no optional flight/board/accommodation supplements are included in the prize and these must be paid for by the winner at the time of booking for all the travelling party. Standard travel insurance will be provided as part of the prize.
- If the winning class cannot claim the prize for any reason, it will be awarded to the class in that Competition with the second highest number of votes.
- The prize is subject to Jet2holidays' and Jet2.com's terms and conditions (together the "Terms and Conditions") which can be found at jet2holidays.com/terms-and-conditions and jet2.com/terms respectively. Entrance to the Katmandu theme park and use of any of the facilities is subject to the Katmandu terms and any restrictions that apply within the park.
- The winning class and school shall comply with all Jet2holidays reasonable instructions and at Jet2holidays request, the winning school shall enter into a written arrangement with Jet2holidays regarding the prize and a behaviour contract on Jet2holidays terms.
- Jet2holidays reserves the right (but shall be under no obligation) to offer an alternative property/destination at anytime, to the equivalent prize value.
- Jet2holidays reserves the right to amend or cancel the flights and/or holiday for administrative reasons without prior notice. Please note that the Jet2.com flight schedules are not guaranteed.
- The prize is non-transferable and may not be exchanged for cash. The prize may only be taken by the winning class along with any accompanying passenger(s) notified to Jet2holidays in the relevant booking, subject to the maximum number of passengers specified within the prize details. Flights for each Competition must be taken at the same time from the applicable airport.
- Any optional purchases or supplements are subject to the standard Jet2holidays or Jet2.com terms and conditions. The prize duration may not be extended and the hotel may not be changed by the winner. Any additional passengers booked will be charged at normal rates for flights and accommodation.
- All passengers must have a valid passport to travel, and must meet all relevant visa and/or other entry requirements. It is the schools responsibility to ensure that all attendees have a valid passport and visa (where required).
Entries and comments must not:
- contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement; or disparage Jet2.com, Jet2holidays Limited, Fowler Welch Limited or Dart Group plc or any other person, corporation or party affiliated with these companies or the Competition generally; or
- contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libellous; or
- contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or
- contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the entry is created.
- We want to be able to use entries as widely as possible, including by showcasing any entry on social media or in marketing along with the name of the shortlisted school. Those entries which are shortlisted will also be featured on social media for purpose of determining the winner. To enable us to use all the entries as detailed, you agree to obtain all authorisations and consents required for us to use entries in this way.
- The teacher accepts that by entering, he/she has obtained authorisation from the school to enter the Competition, along with the appropriate permissions and consents from of the parents of the class pupils to enter the Competition for use of the entries and to take the prize.
- Jet2holidays may in its absolute discretion change these terms and conditions or extend the Competition without notice at any time. Jet2holidays may cancel a Competition without prior notice in the event of circumstances arising beyond its control that makes it necessary to do so.
- Jet2holidays will not be liable for any cancellations or changes to the Competition or the prizes, or for any loss or damage entrants or accompanying passengers suffer as a result of entering the Competition provided that nothing in these terms shall exclude or limit the liability of Jet2holidays in relation to personal injury or death caused by Jet2holidays negligence or for fraud.
- If the winning entrant is deemed not to comply with these terms, the entrant will be excluded and the prize will be redrawn. Jet2holidays decision on all matters relating to a Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Please note that Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram are not responsible for any element of this promotion and has in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered this promotion.
- These terms are subject to English Law and by entering this Competition you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.